Watch these four videos which offer a very nice and humorous first glimpse of Irish history and geography!
They feature Andrew Maxwell who is a famous Irish stand up comedian. He was raised in Dublin but now resides in London.
Here is the PDF document you need to do this webquest. Good luck!
Get a really nice view of Manhattan and more while you’re flying in a helicopter… Sounds awesome? Get on board! (The soundtrack isn’t bad either)
VISITING NEW YORK CITY
A few facts about New-York City …
1- Population of the USA :
2- Population of New York City :
3- Name of New York City’s 5 boroughs :
4- New York’s nickname and possible origins of this nickname :
5- List some of the famous New Yorkers you know :
Discovering the city …
6- I’m sure you know the famous New- York marathon. What famous bridge do the runners cross near the start?
7- Which boroughs does it link ?
8- Why is it called the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge ?
9-The marathon finishes in Central Park. Have a look at the sports you can practice and list 4 that you would like to try.
10- When you are in Brooklyn, you can see the symbol of the USA. What is it ?
11- Find the following information about this monument :
– title :
– location :
– sculptor :
– engineer :
– date when the construction started and place :
– date when it arrived in the USA :
– height from the base to the torch :
12- What’s the name of the island situated not far from the Statue of Liberty ? What was it ? (give details)
A few famous buildings in Manhattan …
13- What is this building?
14- Give the name of this building. How many elevators are there ? ( see p.3)
15- Some famous films were shot there. What is it ? List the films you’ve seen or heard of :
And now a bit of sightseeing in Manhattan …
16- Are the streets and avenues in Manhattan parallel or perpendicular ?
17- Where can you go shopping ?
18- When & where is the famous parade ?
19- What is the Crossroad of the World ?
20- What happens there every New Year’s Eve ?
21- Give the name of this famous area.
Find the names of the famous places and monuments hidden under the blue numbered spots!
He was the _____th President of the USA
He successfully led the country through the _________________ __________ ______, preserving the Union and ending _____________.
He was a Republican a Democrat
When did he die?_____________________________________
How did he die? ______________________________________
6) When was she born?____________________________________________
7) She was an African American ___________ _____________ activist.
8 ) What did she do on December 1st 1955?
She refused _________________________
MARTIN LUTHER KING
9) When and how did he die? ________________________________________________
10) He was a prominent leader in _________________________________________________.
11) What did he receive in 1964?_________________________________________________.
12) When did he deliver his famous speech « I have a dream »? 1876 1963 1978
13) He is the ____th President of the United States.
14) He is European Australian African-American
15) When was inaugurated as President ?_______________________________________
16) He is a Republican a Democrat
17) What was his famous campaign slogan? « Yes, we should » « Yes we must » « Yes we can »
18) He is an exceptional _________________.
19) Obama’s ___________________ _____________ has been described as a defining factor for his __________ ______________.
20)In December 2008, Time magazine named Barack Obama as its ____________ ____ ____ __________.
Hello 3ème group 4!!
Here is the WEBQUEST about the United States of America. Visit the links on the webpage and answer as many questions as possible on the worksheet you were given. GOOD LUCK! 😉